Please check out the COS Hint #49 for information on the frosts expected this week.
In Hint #49 we cover
- The forecasted frost event for May 8 and 9, 2017
- What MSU says to do about it, and how to prepare
- A History of Chestnuts and Frost in Michigan
To follow the temperatures around the state, please go to MSU Enviroweather at https://enviroweather.msu.edu/
Click on a weather station of interest. Then follow weather events by clicking on the
- NEW Meteogram:Real-time observations in graphical format
- follow the red line in the first graft for real time temperature data.
- Scroll to the second graft which is rainfall
- Then scroll to the third graft which is wind. Wind speed is really important. If the wind keeps blowing, frost will not be as bad.
Feel free to use the history links on the enviroweather website to see the results.